IF HUNGER ISN’T THE PROBLEM, FOOD ISN’T THE SOLUTION!

Friday, October 2, 2009

Need to Start Gettin' My ZZZZZZZZ's

A couple of very very long days.  And I'm struggling to keep up with work, working out, posting, reading posts and commenting. 

Getting enough sleep is an important part of good self care and can even affect insulin resistance and weight loss.  I'm such a night person I really struggle with getting to bed at a decent hour, and its been worse since I started the blog and got involved with the wonderful weight loss blogging community.  

I'm going to do my best to post daily, read several blogs daily and comment when I can.  If you don't see comments from me as often as before, know I'm thinking about each and everyone of you.  Maybe when H1N1 [disease formerly known as swine flu :-)] slows down I'll have more time.  I can always hope

6 comments:

  1. I believe in the importance of getting a good night's sleep. Unfortunately, it's one of the things that goes by the wayside, either by choice or in my case, insomnia. Right now, my insomnia has abated enough to where I am getting more sleep. Thank you universe! Good rest just seems to put things in a much brighter perspective. So get some sleep :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right - sleep is a very important part of all this. I hope things slow down for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After 3 sleepless nights in a row, I finally slept hard and for 8 hours last night. I couldn't agree with you more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had insomnia off and on since I was a kid. When I am going through it, it is such TORTURE for me. For years, I worked 3rd shift so that I wouldn't have to deal with it.

    I LOVE the blogging community too and my "favorite" blogs have gone from 1 or 2 to several dozen. I simply cannot comment as much as I would like. But I so appreciate the courage people have in sharing their struggles with others.

    Thank goodness for the internet, it enables us to share our struggles from our desktops when ever we have a spare minute. If I had to trudge out of my house to attend support meetings some where..well, I don't think I would.

    Also, I think there's a level of honesty in the blogs that I've rarely seen elsewhere. I appreciate all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleep - I never get enough - I get up so early that I think I will go to bed early to but like you I end up staying up much too late and the horrid cycle repeats it self.
    Just remember to make yourself a priority.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey doc!! Hope you get more of your ZZZZ's :)

    P.S. I'm not very good with comments 100% of the time either, but people understand!

    ReplyDelete