On Friday's post I mentioned feeling like I wanted to hybernate and S.A.D. I actually love the fall and working out in cold weather is much easier for me than in the heat. I am very sensitive to lack of light, but don't think I have full blown S.A.D. I've had a light box for years but don't use it much. And I've been taking Vit D for months.
I think the problem last week was we had beautiful sunny warm weather up 'til Wed, then somebody "flipped the switch" and Thurs/Fri was cold, cloudy, rainy. It was the abrupt change that I didn't anticpate that knocked me abit off track for a couple of days until I gave myself (and ya'll with your comments) a swift kick in the keester..
I find the best way to combat low energy (at any time of the year) is to:
#1.GET MOVING. Especially outside in the sun. (DUH)
#2.STAY AWAY from the refined carbs/salty/greasy foods and
#3 DON'T OVEREAT (Double DUH)
All three great ideas but something I struggle with year 'round or I wouldn't be 70 lbs overweight. Which leads me to the great Hot 100 Challenge from South Beach Steve to keep us all motivated thru the end of the year. Was meeting my goals until things went off track for a couple of days.
Hot 100 Goals:
- Walk, exercise, work out at least 5 X a week 30-60 minutes. Total of at least 300 minutes per week - 320 hours but worked out only 3 X. Need more consistency during the week.
- Eat at least 5 servings of fruits/veggies every day
Made it 4 out of 7 days
- Track calories with my electronic calorie counter.
Well put it in my purse and re-read the instructions
Limit Diet Coke to weekends only and no more than 2 per day
- Did well until my "weekend" started in on Thursday.....grrrrr
- Pump plastic ( I need some new dumb bells!) 2 X per week
- Lifted logs not plastic X 2 this week
- Rest of goals are longer term